BSc, DDS, MSc, Cert Pros.
“Quality is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort and skillful execution. It represents The wise choice of many alternatives.”
- Born in Fredericton, New Brunswick.
- Graduated from a 12 year French Immersion program at FHS.
- Attended UNB and received a Major in Biology and a Minor in Psychology.
- Graduated from Dalhousie University Dentistry with awards in Prosthodontics and Academic achievement.
- Awarded DCF and Thornton Graduate Studies Educational Scholarships.
- Received specialty certificate in Prosthodontics and M.Sc. Degree from Ohio State University
- Awarded American College of Prosthodontics Education Foundation Scholarship.
- Three year Prosthodontic training, including an extensive curriculum in implant Prosthodontics, fixed, removable and maxillofacial Prosthodontics.
- Master’s thesis topic was on Placement and Restoration of Implants in Pediatric Anodontia Patients.
- Awarded best graduate research at Post College Assembly
- Awarded best research presentation at Academy of Osseointegration
- Familiar with all implant systems and experienced with current systems such as: Noble Biocare, Steri-Oss, 3I, Bicon, Centerpulse, IMZ, TMI and Straumann.
- Presently restored over 1500 implants in a multitude of clinical presentations and types of restorations.
- Full time Assistant Professor at Dalhousie University Dental School, Division of Prosthodontics, as Director of Clinical Prosthodontics and primary faculty in the Implant Elective Program and Qualifying Program for Foreign Trained Dentists.
- Part-time clinical practice in Prosthodontics as an associate with Shaffner Prosthodontic Associates Inc.
- Full-time private practice dedicated to implant, crown and bridge and removable prosthodontics in Fredericton. Lectures locally and nationally on implant and cosmetic dentistry.
- Active member in the: Academy of Osseointegration, International College of Prosthodontists, Association Prosthodontists of Canada, Royal College Dentists of Canada (Fellow eligible), American College of Prosthodontists, Atlantic Prosthodontists Society, CDA, NBDA, NSDA.
- Languages spoken: English, French, German.
- 2 children and a Newfoundland dog..
- Former national level competitive synchronized swimmer.
- Fitness activities include Running and Yoga.
- Hobbies when time permits include gardening, sewing and travel.